A UNIQUE STORY
The Mark I dial layout is inspired by the classic elliptical dashboard of the Mark I & II Minis, with dials made directly from salvaged chassis parts from the iconic car. Today, the classic Mini has in many ways become synonymous with the joyful 60′s, and was a favorite among both celebrities and the common public.
Worth noting, the center placement of the cars dashboard is rumored to be designed such that the co-driver could easily keep an eye on the road during rally races!
THE ORGAN DONOR
The original Mini is by many considered an icon of 1960s British popular Culture. Its space-saving transverse engine front-wheel drive layout influenced car makers all around the world for generations to come. And as a matter of fact, the Mini was awarded the second most influential car of the 20th Century – only surpassed by the Ford Model T.
Presented in August 1959 the Mini was introduced as a small economy car. It wasn’t until 1969 the word "MINI" became a marque in its own right when it replaced the separate "Austin Mini" and "Morris Mini" car model names.
Performance versions of the classic Minis took the name Cooper, after partnership with racing legend and car maker John Cooper. The Mini Cooper and Cooper S were both successful as race and rally cars winning several championships.
- Diameter 44.3mm
- Height 11.5mm
- Opening diameter 36.5mm Weight 80g
- Chronograph 60 min . 24 hour indicator . Date function .Superluminous chrome hands
- Black ellipse shape chronograph & sub-dials
- 2 years full warranty
- 5 ATM, 50 meters
- Type Quartz
- Reference TMI VK64
- Battery life Approx. 3 years
- Case 316L Stainless steel
- Top glass Sapphire Crystal with anti-reflective coating
- Handcrafted metal dial made from a recycled Austin Mini. Each dial is coated with a clear layer of lacquer ensuring that the patina does not "spread" to other parts of the watch.
- Strap Width 22 mm
- Croco pattern calf leather strap with quick-release system. (M1 Brown, M2 Grey)