REC RJM BLUEBIRD LIMITED EDITION:
MADE FROM A WWII SPITFIRE.... SERIOUSLY
The RJM contains a piece of world history in the form of untreated aluminum cut directly from the PT879 MK IX Spitfire aircraft. But this is not just an ordinary RJM, the BlueBird is a numbered limited production of just 334 pieces with a stunning sunburst blue dial and RAF blue strap.
It is the world’s first mechanical timepiece that combines authentic salvaged Spitfire aircraft material with both the design of the aircraft itself, and the watches worn by RAF pilots of that era.
Starting with the case design, we wanted to incorporate part of what made the Spitfire aircraft such an aerodynamic masterpiece – the wing shape and wing structure. This characteristic feature is captured in the crown guard, which takes its shape from the elliptical wing form as seen from above and is decorated with the internal spars and ribs that ensured lightweight and strength to the wing construction. The crown itself takes inspiration from the conical nose-tip, including indents where you would find the propeller blades.
In contrast, we wanted the dial design of the RJM to capture both the experience of sitting inside a Spitfire aircraft, but also to take inspiration from watches worn by RAF pilots of that era.
Finally, we wanted the battle-scarred Spitfire aircraft aluminum to take center stage in the design, positioned right above 6 o´clock with integrated date function, adding depth and uniqueness to every timepiece, and ensuring that no two RJM timepieces look the same.
- Case size: 41mm (40mm without crown protector)
- Height: 10.9mm
- Dial opening: 33mm
- Weight: 78g
- Sandwich Galvanised Blue Dial, 3 hands, hours/minutes/seconds with Lume
- Date function at 6 enclosed in WWII Spitfire Aluminium
- Stainless steel case
- Sapphire Crystal top glass, mineral crystal exhibition back
- Rivet decoration on rotor of Miyota Automatic movement Power reserve of 42hrs
- The handcrafted and untreated aluminium date surround is cut directly from the wings of the PT879 MK IX Spitfire aircraft. Every dial features the original marks and dents of its Spitfire aircraft donor. This also means that every dial is visibly unique.
- 20mm blue strap with matte s/s buckle and quick release system
- 30m water resistant
- 2 years International Warranty